S&OP 3 Day Advanced Sales & Operations Planning Workshop
Sales and operations planning (S&OP) Advanced - this Advanced Concepts 3 Day workshop, Requiring minimum of 4 participants, includes a web based supply chain simulation tool that dynamically drives real business challenges but with ZERO real money. This advanced class introduces risk and other factors into the simulation play. Simulations are an excellent way to understand the impacts of decision making, planning and how business goes when you don't have alignment. S&OP is an integrated business management process applied by the executive/leadership team and direct reports on a continual basis to achieve focus, alignment and synchronization across all functions of the organization and the extended value chain. The S&OP process includes developing an updated consensus forecast that informs a sales plan, a production plan, a resulting inventory plan or a customer lead time (backlog) plan, a new product development plan, a strategic initiative plan and resulting financial plan. Planning frequency and planning horizon depend on the specific industry requirement. Product life cycles and demand volatility dictate the level of control and horizon within the S&OP, (monthly) updates, depending on type of products and demand/supply patterns. When applied well, with cross-functional participation, the S&OP process enables proactive and more cost-effective supply chain management.
A properly implemented S&OP process routinely reviews customer demand and supply resources to evaluate changes or periodic impacts to "re-plan" quantitatively across an agreed rolling horizon. The process focuses on changes from the previously agreed sales and operations plan, while considering strategic objectives and initiatives to support performance goals. Its primary focus is on future actions to support anticipated results.
What attendees will learn in the program
- Describe Sales & Operations Planning that supports the Value Chain
- Discuss the alignment of the business to the strategy
- Experience leadership alignment in senior level decision making for the supply/value chain
- KPI’s, measuring ROI, Maximum profit at Minimum cost
- Forecasting and understanding Demand
- Inventory & Demand Management in a synchronized supply chain
- Supply Planning balanced to the Demand Plan
- Risk Analysis
- Impacts of decision making and or changes
- Performance KPIs and process management
- Participate in a web-based simulation exercise